Making Cut Flowers Last Longer?

Will adding a citrus-flavored soft drink like 7-up to the water make cut flowers last longer?

It does, but I avoid it because it draws ants.

I have always had luck with a regular aspirin or the packet that the florists give.

I change the water daily and add aspirin

This is just a breeding ground for ants and other bugs attracted to the sugar. I would steer clear of using that. Aspirin does help. I change my water every 2 or so days and always trim the stems at an angle when changing water so theyre able to freshly soak it up.

Good luck!

You can, but your best bet is to keep the water clean and trim the stems with sharp shears often to remove any stale bacteria growth.

Yes, it is possible to add 7-up or other types of soft drinks to the water of cut flowers to make them last longer. However, when you do this you risk the chance of ants coming in your home. I would avoid this practice and just change the water each day and add an aspirin to the water to make them last longer.

Every couple of days, take your stems and give them a fresh angle cut to receive fresh water.The angle cut keeps from pinching the water intake of you plants/flowers.Also a finely crushed aspirin wouldn't hurt!

Trim bottom of the stems at an angle. Change out fresh water every 2 days.

Are these flowers purchased or from your garden? If purchased, they usually come with a powder package for long lasting.

Also you can reference this link for tips and tricks that may work for you: www.rd.com/.../

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersAugust 26, 2019
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Cut-Flowers-Last-Longer-1.html