Making Decals Using a Plotter

Category Miscellaneous
It's easy to make personalized decals with a Cricut or other plotter. Newer models allow more flexibility to plot whatever design you want.

I made 100 decals for a friend who is a local hip-hop artist. He ordered them in the colors he wanted and I made them for him. He sold out of them within a week!

Total Time: 4 hours

Yield: 100

Source: Hoodlum

• 2 ft red, blue, black, and white vinyl film.
  • machine plotter/film cutter
  • knife razor knife
  • card hard card
  • 1 ruler 39" ruler
  • 500 ft 12" masking tape

1. I had to get the design, put it through a program that controls the plotter machine.
  2. Advertisement

3. Once added into the system, I made the image more clear.
  4. After that I put the vinyl film into the plotter and allowed the program to cut the designs out of the film.
  5. Once complete, I pulled/cut the excess pieces of film out of the original design using a thin handled OLFA razor knife.
  6. Then I applied the masking tape over the cut out designs using 12" medium stick masking tape, and used a hard card to flatten and seal the decals.
  7. Finally I used the 39" ruler to cut straight and equal sized individual decals.
  8. Advertisement

Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 26, 2020
🌻
🐛
🐰
👒
😷

Generated 2020-04-01 10:48:42 in 920 msecs. ⛅️️