MiscellaneousCrafts

Making Decals Using a Plotter

I made 100 decals for a friend who is a local hip-hop artist. He ordered them in the colors he wanted and I made them for him. He sold out of them within a week!

Total Time: 4 hours

Yield: 100

Source: Hoodlum

1. I had to get the design, put it through a program that controls the plotter machine.
  2. Once added into the system, I made the image more clear.
  3. After that I put the vinyl film into the plotter and allowed the program to cut the designs out of the film.
  4. Once complete, I pulled/cut the excess pieces of film out of the original design using a thin handled OLFA razor knife.
  5. Ad

6. Then I applied the masking tape over the cut out designs using 12" medium stick masking tape, and used a hard card to flatten and seal the decals.
  7. Finally I used the 39" ruler to cut straight and equal sized individual decals.