Making Decals Using a Plotter
I made 100 decals for a friend who is a local hip-hop artist. He ordered them in the colors he wanted and I made them for him. He sold out of them within a week!
Total Time: 4 hours
- 2 ft red, blue, black, and white vinyl film.
- machine plotter/film cutter
- knife razor knife
- card hard card
- 1 ruler 39" ruler
- 500 ft 12" masking tape
- I had to get the design, put it through a program that controls the plotter machine.
- Once added into the system, I made the image more clear.
- After that I put the vinyl film into the plotter and allowed the program to cut the designs out of the film.
- Once complete, I pulled/cut the excess pieces of film out of the original design using a thin handled OLFA razor knife.
- Then I applied the masking tape over the cut out designs using 12" medium stick masking tape, and used a hard card to flatten and seal the decals.
- Finally I used the 39" ruler to cut straight and equal sized individual decals.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.