Making Decorative Mobiles for Kids' Rooms
The finished project looks good in any kid's room. Make a couple and give them as birthday gifts.
Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes
What You Need:
- red poster board
- black marker
- craft glue
- 1 yard of 3/8 inch red grosgrain ribbon
- 1/2 a yard of 3/8 inch blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, brown, and black grosgrain ribbon
- red glitter
- 1 box of eight crayons
- Draw and cut a large crayon shape from red poster board. Trace this shape and cut again so you have two identical shapes.
- Use black marker to color one side of each of these large crayon shapes to resemble the label on a real crayon.
- Cut a length of red ribbon to use for the mobile hanger. Glue both ends of this to the back of one of your crayon designed poster board pieces.
- Now glue one end of all ribbon colors to the bottom of this same poster board piece, spacing them evenly.
- Glue the second crayon poster board piece to the first, design side out, and covering all ribbon ends. Outline the poster board crayon with glue and sprinkle red glitter over the glue. Repeat this process on the other side of your poster board crayon.
- Cut the ribbon strings to different lengths to add interest to your mobile. Place glue on the bottom inch of each. Roll each ribbon end around a crayon, matching colors, and changing the ribbon placement on the crayon, so each crayon will hang at a different angle.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Read More Comments
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a very simple project that packs a lot of punch. Your kids will love the glow-in-the-dark effect. Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes, plus paint drying time.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.