Making Eggnog Bread
Fall is the season for egg nog. Try this easy, quick bread flavored with nog, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Is is delicious right out of the oven or toasted the next day.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a super flavourful and moist bread that's made with eggnog. The extra addition of cinnamon and nutmeg give it a nice kick. Enjoy it warm out the oven, or toasted the next day with butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Do not over mix or your loaf will harden up.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.