Vote for this contest contender!
This is a super flavourful and moist bread that's made with eggnog. The extra addition of cinnamon and nutmeg give it a nice kick. Enjoy it warm out the oven, or toasted the next day with butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 slices
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry. Do not over mix or your loaf will harden up.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!