Eggnog Cake Recipes
Read More Comments
My grandson and I made this cake using a compilation of several recipes and some thoughts of our own. I wanted to make an eggnog cake to use up the last of the nog and some candied cherries left over from Christmas baking. This is the result.
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes (not including cooling time)
Yield: 12 servings approximately
- 1/2 cup blueberry flavored Craisins
- 1/2 cup cherry flavored Craisins
- 3/4 cup broken pecans
- 1 1/4 cup eggnog
- 8 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 cut candied cherries
- flour for dusting cake pan
- cooking spray for cake pan
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Beat softened butter until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and eggnog. Add vanilla, nutmeg, pudding, and cake mix.
- Beat slowly to combine, then beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Mix in fruit and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, we used a bundt pan that had been greased and floured.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes. Check with a cake tester or toothpick for doneness.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert on a serving plate and cool completely before frosting or dusting with confectioner's sugar.
Spiced eggnog cupcakes with cinnamon and nutmeg cream cheese frosting are the perfect dessert to serve with a cup of coffee or tea. Lean how to make them here.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.