Making Hacky Sack

Category Toys
These crocheted footbags make a fun foot controlled game for young people. This guide is about making a hacky sack.

My little man would like for me to make him a "Hackysack". Does any one know how this is done? This is a small crochet ball, filled with rice, I think. The kids use these to bounce off of their feet and hands. Would anyone happen to know just how these are constructed? I'd really appreciate this as I hate to spend over ten dollars to buy something that should be very easy to make.

Perkypet from Texas Panhandle

Answers

Here's a link to a pattern. I don't crochet, so I don't know if this is difficult or not. The main thing to remember is that you should stuff it as full as possible with rice (or whatever else you're using to fill it with). It needs to be very dense and should be hard to squeeze.

http://www.bevs … /hacky-sack.html

There is an awsome book called, "The Ultimate Book of Kid Concotions" in it there is something called a Squishy Ball. You need a medium-sized ballon, 1/2 cup of rice or salt, and a funnel.
Place the ballon over the end of the funnel.
Pour 1/2 cup of rice or salt in the funnel. If the entire 1/2 cup of fuller doesn't seem to fit into the balloon, use a straw or the end of an eraser to force the remaining filler into the balloon.

Squeeze out any air that may have become trapped in the balloon and tie the balloon shut.
It says Squishy Balls can be used for juggling or just for playing catch with a friend.
There is also something called Juggle Balls that are made very similair. You use a small plastic bag dried beans and balloons.
You fill the plastic bag with with dried beans
Then you cut the narrow end off a balloon.
Stretch one balloon around the plastic bag full of beans.
Stretch the remaing balloon around the bag in the opposite direction of the first balloon.
Hope this helps and have fun.

here is a great site on Mother Earth. have made the footbag, easy and fun
http://www.moth … Your_Own_Footbag

Glad I came to this one! My youngest cat plays fetch with only a hacky-sack. I have been wondering if I could make more if he wears this one out.
I love this site and all the great ideas you come across!