Making Lasagna for Large Groups

Category Casseroles
Trying to calculate the ingredients and serving size for a large group can be confusing. This is a page about making lasagna for large groups.

I am making lasagna for 70 people in a 10×13 pans. How many pans should I make?

Answers

Best Answer

As a general rule a 13x9 pan will feed 8 people. This is a medium-size serving. You will need to use 9 pans in order to feed the 70 people.

Best Answer

My rule is for a 9 x 13 which makes 14 small pieces (should be the same for a 10 x 13).

If it is all women, I figure 1 piece per person if there are other main courses and a lot of sides. If this is the main dish and limited sides, 2 pieces per person. If there are a mix of men and women or teenagers, I up that two 3 slices per person if there are other main courses and 4 if there are not.

Another factor to think about is if if you are serving to someone or someone is taking what they want. If it is take what they want, always make at least 1.5 times more than you would than if you are serving to people and can dish ask one slice or two.

To me there is nothing worse at a party than coming up short. I would rather take containers and let people take leftovers home than be short.

I am making lasagna for 150-175 people. I am using 16 1/8 X 11 3/4 X 2 7/8 inch pans. Do you know how many I need to make?

Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

If your pan is roughly 16 X 12, you're going to get twelve 4" squares out each pan, right? A 4" square sounds about right for a serving. So 175 divided by 12 = 14.5 pans. Sounds like about 15 pans to me! Good luck with that!

I am making lasagna for 150 people. I need to know how much ground beef, tomato sauce, and cheeses to buy.
Your help is very appreciated!

Answers

Check out this recipe for "lasagna for 50" and multiply by three. :)

comfyinthekitchen.com/.../

This recipe serves 90. www.recipelink.com/.../1069.html

I would make one whole recipe and 2/3 of the recipe to get enough for 150.

that five cheese lasagna for 150 looks like the way to go-you're a VERY generous person because it will cost about $500-for a cheaper version skip the meat and use spinach-mix it into the ricotta before spreading

Thank you all for your answers.
I agree the five cheese lasagna ,will help me out alot.

Are you dishing this out, or are the 150 people each dishing out their own? If they dish out their own, you will want a little extra, as there are some who eat very large servings (especially teen boys if there are any)

No I am dishing it out .it is a charity dinner I am doing at a club.

When I cook for a crowd I like to use smaller recipes (like 8-10 servings) and just multiply to the actual number of servings that I need. This works well for me as I can use the recipes when making the dishes without trying to figure how to separate for a workable/cookable number as I do not have restaurant size pans.

A recipe stating for 8 servings multiplied for 150 would be approximately 20 times. It is a little more trouble but a lot easier to work with.
As someone stated, this will be an expensive dish to make but have you thought about making a Four Cheese Lasagna (without meat)? We make it a lot at our church and it is always a hit.
Here are a couple of recipes - just in case you want to take a look:

allrecipes.com/.../

www.bettycrocker.com/.../9ce1c73a-5324-40d1-b922-24cf4dd77c7e

www.marthastewart.com/.../classic-cheese-lasagna

Thank you for your tips.

How many servings of lasagna would I get from a 12x10x2.5 pan? And how many pans would I need to make to serve 60 people?

Answers

You should get about 12 servings from that sized pan. Make 5 pans. You could make 6 if you have big eaters.

If you make 4 cuts along the 12 inch side and 3 cuts along the 10 inch side you end up with 12 pieces that are approx 3 inches by 3.33 inches and not that tall since your pan is shallow.

That may work if you have all women or a mix of women and children, but if you have a mix of men, women and children, and if there are teens I would suggest more.

5 pans = 60 pieces (which is WAY too little in my mind as it gives 1 piece per person)
6 pans = 72 pieces (which may be OK if you have all women AND other main courses
7 pans = 84 pieces (which may be OK if you have a mixed group, men, women and children and NO other main courses)

I am the queen of making extra because I never want anyone to go hungry :)

Bring foil or offer containers so people can take left overs, but I am venturing to guess there won't be much left! Now I want lasagna. YUM!!!

5 pans = 60 medium servings and definitely not enough for 60 adults or 60 adults/children.

I would say the amount you need would depends largely on what other food is being served and also if it is a sit down dinner or a 'gathering'.
Sit down dinners usually require more food than a walk around casual seating gathering.

Assuming your crowd is a general mixture of adults and children and food is somewhat controlled (food served by servers either to tables or in lines) and there is just a salad and bread then you will probably need to plan for 1 1/2 slices each.
Some men will eat up to 3 slices (always 2) if it looks available), ladies may eat 1 or 2 slices, while children will eat "one" and sometimes ask for seconds.

Think about your group - how many men attending is probably the most important number to consider.
If it were my cookout, I would consider a minimum of 7 or 8 pans but maybe not fill them to the top. Most people like a slightly thinner lasagna so 2 slices works out great.

Hope it is a big success.

I need a recipe for lasagne for 30 people.

Answers

Make 4 13x9 pans of lasagne.

I'm looking for an easy recipe for lasagna. I will be feeding about 175 people and I'm not sure how much to prepare.

Dana from Griffin, GA

Answers:

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I would figure that a normal sized lasagna pan would serve 6-8 people depending on the portion size, I would figure 6 so you will probably need 38 or so regular size pans, that way you have a little extra for anyone who wants to take some home. (06/19/2008)

Making Lasagna For 175 People

Google "recipes for a crowd" or large quantity recipes - you'll find a number of choices. Best wishes! (06/19/2008)

By Chris Ellyson

Making Lasagna For 175 People

Lasagna can be very expensive to make. When I feed large groups of people (I've cooked for 375 at a time) I buy pre-made frozen lasagnas. You should sample a few brands to determine which one you like best. They usually make about 12-16 servings, so you would need to purchase 15 pre-made lasagnas to have 182 servings or 11 for 176 servings. Best of all, clean-up is a "toss" away. (06/19/2008)

By marsha

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I've made lasagna for 150 people. What I do is use ziti instead of lasagna noodles. In a huge disposable baking pan, I mix the cheeses into the cooked ziti, add the sauce and meat mixture.

Mix up all the items together and bake it for 30 minutes. Pull it out, add cheese on top, bake for another 10 or so minutes and it's done. Tastes just like lasagna without all the fuss. It has always been a huge hit at parties and potlucks! Good luck! (06/19/2008)

By Jenn

Making Lasagna For 175 People

The following is on Allrecipes.com site with a scalable link to change the recipe for different numbers of servings.

World's Best Lasagna: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Worlds-Best-Lasagna/Detail.aspx (06/20/2008)

By Lynn Thomas

Making Lasagna For 175 People

I would consider checking a catering service for their pricing. Even using a pan that serves 25 you would need 7 pans. That could be a problem baking so all are done and still hot at the same time. I figure it costs about $8.00 to make a 9 X 13" pan. When you consider your time and cost of ingredients and having the oven on you may come out ahead. You also have to gather the pans, or buy them. (06/22/2008)

By Wisgal

• 6-8 lb. ground beef
  • 2 tsp. garlic salt to taste
  • 2 cans (8oz. size) tomato sauce
  • 2 cans tomatoes (1lb. size)
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 16 oz. pkg. broad lasagna noodles
  • 4-6 pkg. Mozzarella cheese
  • Parmesan cheese, for topping

Directions:

Brown meat, then add everything, except noodles and cheese. Cook noodles until done and drain. Use very large pan, 12x18 inches; put in layers; noodles, meat mixture and cheese. Repeat, ending with meat mixture.

Top with Parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Serve 10 people easily.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesMarch 12, 2013
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Lasagna-for-Large-Groups-1.html