Making Long Skinny Boxes

I am trying to mail out small items that look like the old cigar cases. Need to put them in boxes so the items inside won't crush. The items aren't cigars, just the tubes. I know it's possible, but I can't figure out how to cut the cereal boxes in half to make other skinnier boxes. Any suggestions? I really would appreciate it a lot.

God's Blessings.

By Sunny

If you have a Michaels near you They carried a box maker from Martha Stewart I don't see why you cannot make your own It is a piece of plastic with grooves cut in it and you select the groove to determine the size of your box, place your material on the surface and run a ball point pen or stylus on your material over the groove this will put a crease where you want to fold it. I don't see why you could not take a piece of plywood cut a groove the thickness of the saw blade to your particular dimensions using the old-fashioned handsaw.

A little more information would help. What size box do you need?

What size cereal box are you cutting up? Please give all three measurements - Height, Width, Length.