Making Mixed Vegetable Quinoa
Quinoa melds well with many additions. In this case mix in tomatoes, onions, baby greens, and garbanzo beans for a delicious dish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
What's so versatile about quinoa is you could mix anything you have and it'll turn out healthy and delicious. Plus, I had a lot of onions and tomatoes that were going to go bad so this was a great way to use up leftovers!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes + time to make quinoa
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 9 medium bowls
- 3 cups quinoa
- 3 hot house tomatoes
- 3 white onions
- 1/2 bag of Power Greens - baby chard, kale, & spinach (1.5 lb)
- 15.5 oz garbanzo beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Follow instructions on your quinoa bag. I cooked 3 cups.
- Chop onions and tomatoes in your desired size.
- Dash of olive oil on pan and caramelize onions.
- Add in tomatoes and vegetables to sauté.
- Pour pan directly into quinoa. Toss well with garbanzo beans and ready to serve!