Quinoa and Chicken Sausage Pilaf Recipe
A popular, tasty, so called ancient grain, used in place of rice, quinoa is actually a seed that is very high in protein. This page contains a quinoa and chicken sausage pilaf recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken sausage are just a few of the ingredients that combine to make this lowfat and unusual tasting dish. It reminds me of something you'd get at a nice Middle Eastern restaurant. Healthy and tasty, this actually takes only a few minutes to prepare. The slow cooker is who does all the work this time. Those things are amazing!
Total Time: 2 1/2 - 3 hours cook time.
Yield: About 6 servings
Source: Modified from a recipe in the book "The Healthy Slow Cooker".
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz quinoa
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts
- 1 12 oz. package chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Brush the inside of your slow cooker with your oil.
- Add your broth.
- Add your quinoa.
- Add your artichoke hearts, I chose to add the liquid as well.
- Add your tomatoes.
- Add your oregano.
- Add your sausages, cut in half.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, mix well.
- I cooked mine on high for 4 hours. While it was still very good, it was over-cooked. I think 2 1/2 - 3 hours would have been plenty.
April 24, 20150 found this helpful
That looks really good. I love artichoke hearts. Yum!
April 25, 20150 found this helpful
In This Guide