Making Pichi Pichi
Pichi Pichi is a favorite breakfast meal in the Philippines. It consists of steamed, sweetened cassava. Learn how to prepare this delicious dessert.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Pichi pichi is a gelatinous cassava dessert in the Philippines where most Filipinos eat the delicacy in the morning with hot chocolate or coffee. Sometimes they are eaten during snack time. Here's the recipe.
- 2 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp buko pandan or vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp lye water
- Combine cassava, sugar and water then mix well.
- Add lye water and continue stirring.
- Pour in buko pandan or vanilla essence and mix until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into molds and place in a steamer.
- Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until color turns yellowish clear (almost transparent).
- Allow to cool down and chill in fridge.
- Remove from molds.
- Roll into grated coconut.