Pichi pichi is a gelatinous cassava dessert in the Philippines where most Filipinos eat the delicacy in the morning with hot chocolate or coffee. Sometimes they are eaten during snack time. Here's the recipe.
- 2 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp buko pandan or vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp lye water
- Combine cassava, sugar and water then mix well.
- Add lye water and continue stirring.
- Pour in buko pandan or vanilla essence and mix until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into molds and place in a steamer.
- Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until color turns yellowish clear (almost transparent).
- Allow to cool down and chill in fridge.
- Remove from molds.
- Roll into grated coconut.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!