Making Pickles From Cucumbers

I planted a bunch of regular cucumbers, not realizing you might need to use only pickling cucumbers for making pickles. Can I use regular cucumbers and just pick them when they are pickle sized?

By john maire from Canby, OR

Answers:

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

My mother never planted specific cucumbers for making pickles. All you have to do is pick them when they are the size you want the pickles to be. For some pickles, you slice the cucumbers either cross ways or length ways, and for them it wouldn't matter. (06/30/2009)

By Joan

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

Some of mine that I just did were big. I just took some of the seeds. I do Mrs Wage's pickles. They are sweet pickles. (06/30/2009)

By judytwo

Making Pickles From Cucumbers

I have tons of really old pickle recipes that my grandma used to make. Just let me know if you like sweet, spicy, dill, or bread and butter pickles. I also have a recipe for refrigerator pickles that is so easy. They are all to die for. (06/30/2009)

By Laura