Making Powdered Milk Taste Better

Think about it. What is lacking from powered milk? (Answer: Fat) So, I add heavy cream to the reconstituted milk. My formula: 1 pouch powdered milk, 3 3/4 cup water, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. You can play around with it to find the mixture that suits you best. I even poured it into the regular milk jug without telling anyone. And guess what? No one could tell the difference!

By Monica from Bon Aqua, TN

Aren't you defeating the purpose by adding cream? Have you calculated the cost of adding the cream? I cannot see how you would be that much further ahead both in cost and in health. Maybe you could do a breakdown of the cost to see.

I use powdered milk in my homemade mixes, breads, etc. I had a jug mixed up to use in cooking in the fridge when I ran out of "regular" skim milk that the grandkids drink. One insisted on a glass of milk. So...I poured a glass from my mixed up powdered milk. To my surprise she drank it without complaint.

So I tried it. I found it tasted the same as the regular skim milk I buy. I know years ago it tasted nasty. I don't know if it was just the brand I have, I have been purchasing Aldi brand powdered milk. I keep "regular" skim milk in the freezer but I am glad to know that in a pinch I can mix up a gallon out of my dry milk supply.

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyMay 2, 2011
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Powdered-Milk-Taste-Better-1.html