Making Recycled Wine Cork Bracelets

Category Jewelry
Wine corks are easily transformed into one of a kind bracelets. This is a page about making recycled wine cork bracelets.

I made this collection of bracelets with slices of wine corks, garden twine, beads from my craft box, scrap findings and fine gauge copper wire. The only thing I had to buy in was the crimp beads, which are not expensive and save much time and fiddling around trying to tie little knots.

I was really pleased with the results and have already had great feedback and even some orders! I think this is a great craft for adults and teens to try.

Approximate Time: 1-2 hours for the three bracelets

Instructions:

Once you have all the supplies together, you will quickly come up with your own designs. Basically for the bronze charm bracelet, I threaded up large seed beads onto stretch beading thread them made the charms or, like the butterfly one, just used bits from my bead box.

The technique for embellishing the cork beads is to heat up the point of the needle then use it to pierce holes in the cork slices. You can then thread wire, beads, string through the holes. Crimp beads are used to secure the hanging loops and beading thread to the fasteners.

For the string bracelet (which is really just a variation on the friendship bracelet idea but much faster to make!) I just cut a long piece of string and threaded on larger glass beads and cork slices. For a more chunky feel, I used knots to secure everything and made a loop and bead catch.

I think the best thing about these designs is that they can be as simple or complex as the person making them can manage! (oh yes, and they are also very frugal too)

By ayesha christmas from Slovenia EU

Crafts Recycled Crafts JewelryNovember 29, 2016
😷
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Recycled-Wine-Cork-Bracelets.html