OtherRecycled Crafts

Making Red Hat Magnets from Soda Bottle Caps

I am trying to make red hat magnets out of plastic soda caps. I can't figure out the best way to do it. Can you help me with some suggestions?

Best Answer

You will need rare earth magnets to glue inside. they are not expensive and they will be strong enough to exert their magnetism through the plastic cap. You could also just glue craft magnets to the top of the cap. Then use craft paint to paint them red. Good luck. sounds like fun.

Best Answer

This is a fun way to make a magnet out of a bottle cap. One of mine from a ways back. You can use fancy red fabric or lace, purple flowers and a pink ribbon?? Hope this helps.

www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Recycle-Easter-Bonnet-Cap...

Best Answer

You could use balsa wood or a sturdy cardboard (round ones larger than the cap) as the brim. Use a good glue to affix the lid to wood or cardboard then use a thin magnet affixed to the wood/cardboard (add last). Spray paint the hat red and embellish.

You can follow this video from Martha Stewart. www.marthastewart.com/.../bottle-cap-magnets-and-thumbtacks

I would use red felt wrapped around cardboard for the hat.

My husband suggested spray painting the caps red and glue them on the circle of felt.I also have thin purple ribbon and tiny roses.I don't know how they are going to turn out but I am going to try it.