Making Stationery Gift Sets
October 3, 2012
Use leftover pieces of pink patterned papers and a matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap to make this gift, to thank a special teacher for a job well done. The teacher can then use these cards for special occasions in her own life, such as birthday cards for friends or family.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 4 marbled cardstock in shades of pink and purple ~ each piece of cardstock must be 8.2 inches x 6 inches
- 24 leftover pieces of pink patterned papers, cut into squares sized 1.6 inches x 1.6 inches
- matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap
- flat-sided rhinestone beads
- ordinary printer paper
- matching decorative ribbon
- 4 matching purple marbled envelopes
- matching gift box
- Pilot silver marker pen
- craft glue
- Score each piece of marbled card stock length-wise to create a card sized 6 inches x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the top, position and glue the patterned papers nicely together in order to design a patchwork on each card.
- Using the silver marker pen, draw "stitches" onto the patchwork designs.
- Cut out flowers from the leftover piece of floral gift wrap ~ depending on the size of the flowers, use two to three flowers for each card.
- Glue the flowers onto the front of each card.
- Add a rhinestone bead to the center of each flower.
- For each card, glue a piece of ordinary printer paper to the inside of the card, where a message can be written by the teacher.
- Use a decorative ribbon to tie the cards and envelopes together, and pack into the gift box.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Having some unexpected guests over for Christmas Eve? Here is an easy way to make a set of matching stationery, so that you will be able to make them feel just a special as all your other guests.
This is a tip for homemade Christmas (or other occasion) presents: I am a rubberstamper and cardmaker. Last Christmas, I came up with the idea to make packets of stationery as presents.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.