Making Stationery Gift Sets
Handmade stationery is a lovely gift to make and receive. This is a page about making stationery gift sets.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
October 3, 2012
Use leftover pieces of pink patterned papers and a matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap to make this gift, to thank a special teacher for a job well done. The teacher can then use these cards for special occasions in her own life, such as birthday cards for friends or family.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 4 marbled cardstock in shades of pink and purple ~ each piece of cardstock must be 8.2 inches x 6 inches
- 24 leftover pieces of pink patterned papers, cut into squares sized 1.6 inches x 1.6 inches
- matching piece of leftover floral gift wrap
- flat-sided rhinestone beads
- ordinary printer paper
- matching decorative ribbon
- 4 matching purple marbled envelopes
- matching gift box
- Pilot silver marker pen
- craft glue
- Score each piece of marbled card stock length-wise to create a card sized 6 inches x 4.1 inches.
- With the fold at the top, position and glue the patterned papers nicely together in order to design a patchwork on each card.
- Using the silver marker pen, draw "stitches" onto the patchwork designs.
- Cut out flowers from the leftover piece of floral gift wrap ~ depending on the size of the flowers, use two to three flowers for each card.
- Glue the flowers onto the front of each card.
- Add a rhinestone bead to the center of each flower.
- For each card, glue a piece of ordinary printer paper to the inside of the card, where a message can be written by the teacher.
- Use a decorative ribbon to tie the cards and envelopes together, and pack into the gift box.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Having some unexpected guests over for Christmas Eve? Here is an easy way to make a set of matching stationery, so that you will be able to make them feel just a special as all your other guests.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: one set of stationery per printout
- color printed copy of the provided printout ~ click here to download
- A4 sized lilac textured cardstock
- A4 sized white handmade tissue paper
- sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- two pieces of purple-and-white woven ribbon, each 6" long
- needle and fine multi-colored metallic thread
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- From the printout, cut out the photo for the card and the template for the gift tag.
- Measure and cut a piece sized 8.2" x 5.4" from the lilac cardstock. Score to create a card sized 5.4" x 4.1". Note: In the example, once printed, the size of the photo for the card was 4.6" x 3.1" ~ if your printed sizes differ, adjust the sizes of the cardstock and tissue paper.
- Cut a piece sized 5.1" x 3.5" from the tissue paper. With the fold at the left, center and glue the tissue paper to the front of the card, followed by the cutout of the provided photo.
- Open the card, and glue a piece of ribbon on to the left and right sides of the card. Glue the inside of the card onto the white printer paper and cut off the protruding piece of paper.
- Write a message, close the card, and tie the ribbons together with a knot.
- Cut a piece sized 7" x 2.4" from the remaining lilac cardstock. Note: In the example, once printed, the size of the template for the gift tag was 6.4" x 2.1" ~ adjust the sizes of the cardstock and tissue paper, if necessary. Centre and glue the tissue paper and the template to the lilac cardstock. Thread a piece of metallic thread through the top of the gift tag and make a knot.
- Cover the gift with lilac tissue paper, secure the gift tag and finish it off with a matching ribbon.
This is a tip for homemade Christmas (or other occasion) presents: I am a rubberstamper and cardmaker. Last Christmas, I came up with the idea to make packets of stationery as presents.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.