Making Steampunk Nail Earrings

Category Jewelry
Steampunk jewelry is known for its celebration of vintage technology and often includes gears, cogs, and vintage watch parts in its designs. This is a guide about making steampunk nail earrings.

I've been seeing a lot of steampunk jewelry online lately. It's super cool, but super expensive! I noticed that most of it is made with found objects, easily available. I found a handful of hubby's work supplies laying around and decided I would try and make my own steampunk jewelry. So this is my first project. I'm happy with how they turned out, I love long earrings, and they only cost me a few pennies!:)

Total Time: Under 30 minutes

• 2 fish hook ear wires
  • 2 head pins
  • 4 jump rings
  • 2 3.5" nails
  • jewelry wire
  • wire cutters
  • beads
  • pliers, needle nose and regular

1. Add your beads to the head pin.
  2. Taking your needle nose pliers, curl the end of the head pin.
  3. Start wrapping your wire about 1/2" below the head of your nail. Cover your raw end, wrap up to the top. Trim your wire so that you have about 2" left.
  4. Bring your wire over the top of the head of your nail (this will be a loop to attach your jump ring to) and wrap the remaining wire back down the shaft.
  5. Attach your beaded head pin with a jump ring to the side of the nail.
  6. Attach your fish hook ear wire with a jump ring to the top of the nail.
  7. All set, sure to be a conversation starter!:)

Super cute. Now I have a reason not to be so mad my husband leaves nails everywhere! ;) Thanks for posting this.