Making Steampunk Nail Earrings
Steampunk jewelry is known for its celebration of vintage technology and often includes gears, cogs, and vintage watch parts in its designs. This is a page about making steampunk nail earrings
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I've been seeing a lot of steampunk jewelry online lately. It's super cool, but super expensive! I noticed that most of it is made with found objects, easily available. I found a handful of hubby's work supplies laying around and decided I would try and make my own steampunk jewelry. So this is my first project. I'm happy with how they turned out, I love long earrings, and they only cost me a few pennies!:)
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
- 2 fish hook ear wires
- 2 head pins
- 4 jump rings
- 2 3.5" nails
- jewelry wire
- wire cutters
- pliers, needle nose and regular
- Add your beads to the head pin.
- Taking your needle nose pliers, curl the end of the head pin.
- Start wrapping your wire about 1/2" below the head of your nail. Cover your raw end, wrap up to the top. Trim your wire so that you have about 2" left.
- Bring your wire over the top of the head of your nail (this will be a loop to attach your jump ring to) and wrap the remaining wire back down the shaft.
- Attach your beaded head pin with a jump ring to the side of the nail.
- Attach your fish hook ear wire with a jump ring to the top of the nail.
- All set, sure to be a conversation starter!:)
January 4, 20160 found this helpful
Super cute. Now I have a reason not to be so mad my husband leaves nails everywhere! ;) Thanks for posting this.