Making a Steampunk Bottle
Steampunk is a genre of science fiction or science fantasy that incorporates 19th century steam technology elements into art and dress. Based on that concept this project guides you as you make a fun steampunk inspired bottle to display in your home or office.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This bottle is decorated with miscellaneous craft and hardware items to make it into steampunk art. Steampunk is an art form inspired by the industrial revolution. So this steampunk bottle has gears and hardware which depict "movement."
Total Time: 1 to 2 hours, allow drying time
- 1 flat bottle
- fabric scraps
- white glue and paintbrush
- miscellaneous crafts and hardware
- spray paint
- homemade ink spray
- spray varnish
- craft glue
- Clean bottle with rubbing alcohol to remove any dirt, film, or stickiness. Using a wide paint brush, brush a layer of white glue all over both sides of the bottle. If there is a cork, you can make it looked aged with eye shadow and mascara, rubbing it onto the cork with your fingers. Allow to dry.
- Add scraps of fabric to front and back of bottle with glue. Allow to dry.
- On separate pieces of paper, design the front and back of the bottle using miscellaneous craft and hardware supplies, and embellishments. Take a picture of design for later use.
- Spray bottle with metallic spray paint, using a misting motion and not completely covering bottle with the spray paint, allowing some of the white "aged" look to show through. Let dry.
- Start gluing items to the front of the bottle, leaving out the embellishments you don't want painted. Let dry. Repeat process with back of bottle.
- Using an ink spray (mixture of half rubbing alcohol and half acrylic paint mixed in a spray bottle), spray parts of the front and back of the bottle. Dry.
- Spray varnish on both sides of the bottle and immediately add glitter if desired.
- Glue the rest of the embellishments onto the bottle. Let dry.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.