Making Stove Top Cornbread

If I'm using self-rising cornmeal can I delete the baking soda and salt?

I would definitely omit the baking soda. Taste the batter first to determine if salt is needed.

There is a lot of different opinions on this subject but many sites say to add the baking soda if your cornmeal is 'old' but then I would not recommend using it if it is old. Usually you would not add the salt.

There is one problem that could arise.
You say self-rising cornmeal but there is also a self-rising cornmeal mix that is different so be sure to check your recipe.

Quote from a website:

"Self rising cornmeal "mix" is not the same as self rising cornmeal. The "mix" already has flour (and other dry ingredients) in it. Just add eggs, milk and oil. Self rising "cornmeal" only has baking powder and salt in it."

"Self rising already has baking powder and salt in it. Depending on how old the cornmeal is you might want to add some fresh baking powder to the dry ingredients. If you have had it around longer than 6 mos. I would definitely add the baking powder but you won't need to add more salt."