Making Your Own Stamp
It's easy to make your own stamp using a foam sheet and a ballpoint pen. I like gluing my stamp design onto wooden blocks so they're easier to handle. They're also nice for laying down even pressure to ensure the design comes out looking crisp when stamped.
I just cut a square of wood from some leftover planks and sanded down the edges. You can get pre-cut wood blocks at any craft store or online shop.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 stamp
- foam sheet
- wood block
- ballpoint pen
- Trace around your wood block onto the foam sheet so you have boundaries for your stamp design.
- Draw your stamp design on the foam sheet in the guidelines.
- For any line work on the design where ink will not be picked up, press down hard as you draw onto the foam.
- Cut out the stamp design right outside the main exterior lines.
- Flip foam stamp over and apply glue all over. I used a Q-tip to help spread it around evenly.
- Press the stamp down firmly onto the wood block.
- Press stamp design onto an ink pad.
- Press stamp down onto a piece of paper or whatever you're decorating.
- Lift to reveal the design.
- To clean off the stamp, just press it down on some scrap paper many times.
- Label your stamp on the other side of the block by writing its name or painting on a similar shape to the stamp.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!