Making a 3D Hot Air Balloon Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 13, 2019
This is an adorable handmade card featuring a 3D hot air balloon in a cloudy blue sky. Let your recipient know that the sky's the limit!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- coloured craft paper
- Choose 4 colours of paper for your balloon. Draw a hot air balloon shape on one sheet with your pencil. It should look a bit like a lightbulb.
- Cut out the shape and fold it in half.
- While in half, trim around the edges so both halves are identical.
- Now trace this half balloon onto the other 3 colours of paper while they are folded in half.
- Cut them out and unfold them.
- Cut out a small square to act as the basket to your hot air balloon.
- Now cut out a piece of blue paper to act as the base of the card.
- Cut out some clouds.
- Make sure they fit nicely on the card. I went with one small, one big.
- Now take the balloon segment and glue them to each other, side by side, with the folded spines facing inwards.
- Here is an aerial view. Only the first segment and the last segment don't get glued to each other as they will be glued down onto the card.
- Glue the balloon onto the card, then add the clouds.
- Cut some short pieces of twine and glue them to hang off the balloon.
- Glue the basket onto the twine. This will add to the lovely 3D effect.
- Use your pen to write the message on the larger cloud. You can write your recipient's name up above on the smaller cloud.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.