Making a Bird House from a Shoe or Boot

Old boots and shoes can be repurposed into fun and useful bird houses. Not only do they provide a housing option for your backyard birds, but they are also a cute bit of garden decor. This is a page about making a bird house from a shoe or boot.

An easy to make and easy to clean out birdhouse. Just undo the laces to clean it out. The boot was thrown in the trash and I rescued it. Screwed the board to the sole, added the roof made of flashing and a raffia shoelace. I love it and so did a Carolina Chickadee family this year.

Source: I saw one for sale on Etsy and made my own.

By Gailya Illsley from Lillington, NC

Use an old cowboy boot to repurpose as either an indoor or outdoor birdhouse. It is set up with wooden shelves ready for a nest. The dollar store hat covers the top to ward off rain. I used a sand paint that comes in a spray can to cover the old boot for a more natural look.

A few screws, wood scraps, rope piece, sand paint, and foam rubber hat makes a great addition to your country decor. You can see the before and after boot in this photo.

Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJune 26, 2018
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Bird-House-from-a-Shoe-or-Boot.html