Making a Bobby Pin Necklace

Category Jewelry
This is a simple and inexpensive to make necklace. This is a guide about making a bobby pin necklace.

Here is a way to reuse your hairpins to make a pretty and unique necklace.

Total Time: 15 min

• any type necklace; I used a ball chain
  • 120 hair pins hair pins (any color or size - gold or silver reflect nicely)

1. Get your hairpins (bobby pins). Next get a necklace. Any type is OK. This one was made with a ball chain just to match.
  2. You can make it all with one color of hairpins, or create a pattern. I did silver then black and repeated. Thread alternating colors onto your chain or other necklace choice. I used 120 pins in total.
  3. Finally put it on or display, and enjoy your creation ! :)
  4. Ad

Did you know that bobby pins now come in many colors? On one of my visits to the local discount store I found a huge selection of colored bobby pins along with the normal colored ones. I decided to see what a necklace would look like with these dangling. I thought it was great because you could coordinate with your outfit. You could even do earrings.

By lnygaard from Billings, MT