Making a Boho Hat Form

Category Home Decor
Create a one of a kind hat form to display your favorite hats. This is a guide about making a boho hat form.

Bring your hat or hairpiece out of the closet! This one of a kind hat form is a unique way to use up fabric and trim and is pretty enough to display on a bureau or foyer table.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Supplies

Instructions

Make sure hat form is clean and dry. Sort through your fabric or craft basket for pretty pieces. Jersey, heavier silks and knits work well. Begin at the bottom of the form and glue fabric into place. Overlap pieces to make sure none of the styrofoam is exposed. The form in the picture was created with fabric only, but you can add patches, rhinestones, and charms if you wish.

By Claire Bush from Phoenix, AZ

I compliment you for your creative idea, and it looks nicer than the plain white styrofoam head.

I think I've seen the head forms at Goodwill and the Salvation Army Stores for sale.

lovely idea!!! I love hat and I'll do something like that ;)