Making a Bow Style Crochet Headband
Crochet headbands are fun and typically easy to make even for a beginning crochet crafter. This is a page about making a bow style crochet headband
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This works up in under 2 hours! It has a nice textured stitch, is stylish, and useful. Have fun!
Total Time: Under 2 hours
Source: My daughter saw a picture of something similar to this in a book. She loved it, so this is what I came up with.
- 150 yd #4 worsted weight yarn
- "I" crochet hook
- Ch 15.
- Sc, ch1, sc in 3rd ch from hook. *Skip 1 ch, (sc, ch1, sc) in next ch. Repeat from * until last 2 ch, skip 1, sc in last ch.
- Ch2, turn. Skip 2 sc, (sc, ch1, sc) in each ch1 space. End with a sc in 2nd ch of turning ch.
- Repeat last step until your headband is as long as you desire. You'll want it snug. Mine was 19" long, would fit most teens and adults. Finish off and weave in ends.
- Now for the center strap: Ch9, work in the same manner as the headband but only until this piece measures 2". Finish off and leave a long tail for sewing together.
- Pinch your band in the center, this is where your strap will go.
- Wrap the strap tightly around the center and whipstitch together.
- Now sew 3 small buttons evenly spaced across the end of the headband. This way if it needs to be tighter, you can easily adjust! :) They will simply push through the other side of the band to fasten.
- Stay warm.:)