Making a Butter Lamb
March 22, 2010
Make a lamb out of butter for your Easter table. You need 4 sticks of butter or margarine (softened) and a potato ricer (or a play dough thing that makes hair).
- Bend one stick like arc and place on a plate.
- Take 2/3 of a stick and bend a small piece over for the nose and push on the top to make an indent for the ears.
- Place all that on the left corner of the whole stick that is on the plate.
- With the leftover 1/3 cut into 4 legs.
- Now with the remaining 2 sticks you make "fur" by pushing the butter through the ricer and attach onto the body and part of the legs (don't cover the face or ears).
- Then use 2 cloves (or whole pepper) for eyes and parsley in the mouth.
Source: I learned this at a workshop at St. Mary's Church in Ware, MA
By Ellen from Ware,MARead More Comments
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
I found a cheaper way for a butter lamb. I used margarine! Here is the margarine lamb I made for pennies. Peppercorn for eyes, red tie, and a stick of margarine!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.