Making a Cauliflower Sheep Centerpiece
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
November 14, 2018
This is a fun edible craft that makes a fantastic centerpiece for many occasions: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthday parties, and more. You can make these with kids; just cut the segments apart for them. They will have so much fun putting it together, then having a healthy snack!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 sheep
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 small knife
- 6 toothpicks
- 1 black olive
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 strawberry
- Gently peel away the cauliflower leaves with your fingers.
- Cut the stalk off as close to the cauliflower head as possible.
- Find the area on the cauliflower that seems like it's protruding most. Take one segment from that area off, keeping its mini stem intact.
- This cut will make the sheep's head.
- Trim away at one side of the portion to form into a sheep's head.
- To make its legs, take the main stem that you cut off and shave the rough outside portions off.
- Now cut into 4 legs.
- To assemble the sheep, poke the back of its head with a toothpick, halfway in.
- Press the other half of the head's toothpick into the front of the cauliflower.
- Pierce each leg with a toothpick.
- Press them into the cauliflower evenly so it stands up nicely.
- To make the eyes, slice the olive into little rings, then cut a ring in half.
- Cut a toothpick in half and press them into the sheep's head, then hang the olive bits off them.
- To make grass, chop the parsley.
- Sprinkle parsley on your serving platter, then stand the sheep on top.
- To make flowers, cut tiny triangles out from around horizontal slices of strawberries.
- Lay strawberry flowers on parsley grass.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.