Making a Clothespin Flying Butterfly
A spring clip style clothespin, scissors, construction paper, glue, a pipe cleaner, googly eyes, and a marker or other decorative embellishments are what you will need to make this fun flying butterfly with your toddler. Give it a try following the steps below.
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 8, 2019
If your toddler loves butterflies, this would be a fun craft to make together. Not only is it a fun craft, but your toddler can play with their butterfly and get in some indoor exercise (since it's been raining all day). I did not think she would have this much fun with this imaginary butterfly, but she did and ran around with the butterfly as if it was flying!
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1 butterfly
- construction paper
- glue stick
- hot glue
- googly eyes
- markers or stickers
- Prep butterfly project by cutting two sets of squares then fold and cut into a heart shape. I made one set in purple (larger heart) and one set in pink (smaller heart).
- Glue the hearts together to assemble the butterfly wings.
- Have your toddler decorate the clothespin, optional. You can also put on stickers, but she ended up just using a marker.
- Clip paper wings onto the pin and hot glue so when your toddler holds and walk/runs with the clothespin they won't accidentally have the butterfly fall off.
- Hot glue on the eyes.
- Turn the butterfly over. Cut 2 1" pieces of pipe cleaner and hot glue in place.
- Optional: Ready to decorate the butterfly wings if wanted.
February 13, 20190 found this helpful
I loved the heart-shaped eyes on this butterfly!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.