DecoupageCrafts

Making a Collage Folder

When you have 8 x 10 photos printed whether it may be in a store or online, they come in a folder. Especially ones that are printed online and mailed to your home. They are in a folder made out of cardboard which is extremely sturdy (from Snapfish). I always keep these folders because they come in handy with storing pictures, documents, papers, etc.

For this college folder I made, I placed cards that we received from my engagement party and when we have our wedding, the rest will go in here as a keepsake. You can apply this concept and use the folder for something else and have a different theme than wedding/love/engagement.

Total Time: 1-2 hours (time varies)

Yield: 1 folder

1. I used the folder that was shipped to me in the mail from Snapfish (where I printed my photos). I peeled off the extra excess cardboard on the folder so that the folder is flush and flat.
  2. Skim through old wedding magazines and look for photos and phrases you like and cut out.
  3. Once you have a good amount of clipped photos and phrases, you can start arranging your college. Secure clipped photos and phrases with a glue stick.
  4. Repeat gluing down clippings until there is no room left, or until you feel your folder is complete. You can build on your collage master piece until you feel like your folder is complete. Repeat on the other side if you would like (like I did).
  5. To ensure the folder is well glued and secured, I added a thin layer of modpodge on both sides. Allow to dry.
  6. To keep the folder closed, I used a clothespin. You can use a clip or wrap around with twine.
  7. Ad

I love the "love love love" bit! Cute!

Thank you :) Me too so many cute phrases in the magazines!