Home DecorCrafts

Making a Custom Table Scarf from a Placemat

I got 6 pretty green placemats early in the year. Five have gone under a bunch of things, including the actual table where I eat.

That left 1 and today I figured out a way to use an oblong shape on a square table.

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 1

1. Measure the square you want to cover and make sure the place mat is wide enough.
  2. Lay the ruler along the edge and hot glue down the fabric next to it. Let it cool and do the same on the other edge.
  3. When the glue had cooled, trim them down and they won't ravel.
  4. Do this on both sides and flip over. You are now ready to set your pretties on it. You can enjoy the room while you set a cup, pen, or phone there and it won't slide all over the place. N-JOY!!
  5. Ad

Sandi this is a very useful tip as the group that I work with have trouble with sliding cups also with spills so this will help solve both problems.
I have some extras but there always seems to be a good selection at the thrift stores but I'll bet if I post your tip at my favorite thrift store more people will be grabbing them up.
Thanks again...

Hope you and all the Moms on TF had a lovely Mother's Day.

Anonymous

You are so welcome. You can even make them with the drawer liners from dollar tree!

I think that I might add a strip/square of shelf liner material (Dollar Tree) under the placemat to help it stay in place. What is nice about your idea is these mats are so inexpensive and usually very washable.