Making a Door Squeak?

Squeaky Door HingeI have a really big problem. I want to know how to CAUSE a door to squeak! I know it sounds crazy but trust me, it's for a really good cause at my home. Is there anyone out there that may have a suggestion? Please don't be mean to me; I have a really good reason for wanting a door that used to squeak to squeak once again.

Terra

Answers

By Camille (Guest Post)

Ha! My mind is going wild with the possible reasons for wanting a door to squeak :) Try using a strong degreaser on the hinge pins (409, Simple Green, oven cleaner), but be sure to protect any paint around the area. Then when you need a quiet door again, you can just zap the hinges with WD-40.

By sandy (Guest Post)

i would hope noone would be mean to you. the suggestion from camille sounds good.
if you cant get it to squeak again you can put jingle bells on the door knobs, both inside and out.
i can imagine what or whom you are trying to keep out. if this is for safety issues tho go to an adult you trust. ok. really.

By siris. (Guest Post)

Squirt baby powder on the hinge pins.

yes, it sounds like there might be something you are afraid to discuss....other than the "quiet" door. THAT is probably more important to get resolved than the actual door...but for tonight, maybe something "gritty" in the hinges would work?...the degreaser also sounds like a good idea. a LOCK! a chair under the door handle?

a wood shim...I don't know the issue so I don't know what else to suggest. If someone is hurting you, you need to get help though. If someone has caused the door to NOT squeak so they can harm you, altering their "handiwork" might cause more trouble for you if you don't get help.

Home and Garden Home Improvement DoorsJanuary 15, 2014
👔
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Door-Squeak-1.html