Making a Door Squeak

Category Doors
There may be times when you want to hear a noise when a door opens. This guide is about making a door squeak.

I have a really big problem. I want to know how to CAUSE a door to squeak! I know it sounds crazy but trust me, it's for a really good cause at my home. Is there anyone out there that may have a suggestion? Please don't be mean to me; I have a really good reason for wanting a door that used to squeak to squeak once again.

Terra

Answers

Ha! My mind is going wild with the possible reasons for wanting a door to squeak :) Try using a strong degreaser on the hinge pins (409, Simple Green, oven cleaner), but be sure to protect any paint around the area. Then when you need a quiet door again, you can just zap the hinges with WD-40.

i would hope noone would be mean to you. the suggestion from camille sounds good.
if you cant get it to squeak again you can put jingle bells on the door knobs, both inside and out.

i can imagine what or whom you are trying to keep out. if this is for safety issues tho go to an adult you trust. ok. really.

Squirt baby powder on the hinge pins.

I am also concerned about why you want your door to squeak. Seems like your "really big problem" is with something/someone other than the door. Why not try solving the real problem...and maybe get some help from an adult or an authority figure.....a teacher, pastor, or the police, if necessary?