Making a Fall Lacy Jar Decoration

Category Decorations
Decorate a recycled jar with some lace, faux fall leaves, buttons, etc. for a pretty seasonal decoration. This is a page about making a fall lacy jar decoration.

I have seen some of these on line, but wanted to create my own. I might try one with the leaves inside or behind some white lace.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

Fall Lacy Jar Decoration - decorated jar on display shelf

• 1 piece of lace in your choice of colors
  • 8 faux leaves
  • hot glue gun
  • scissors
  • 5-6 buttons
  • 1 quart jar
  • 2 ft matching ribbon

1. I started out with a strip of lace long enough to go around the jar, with a little on the bottom to glue down. Your jar size will determine what the size will be.
  2. I glued the lace to the jar and wrapped it around, gluing it again. I then glued the bottom down, making some fold overs so the lace would lay down flat. Then I trimmed the top.
  3. Fall Lacy Jar Decoration - wrap lace around jar and glue
    Fall Lacy Jar Decoration - fold lace under to bottom, make folds as necessary and glue
  4. I put some pretty ribbon around the lid. Since this is made for decoration only, I didn't worry that the lid won't ever come off.
  5. Fall Lacy Jar Decoration - glue ribbon around the lid
  6. I then glued the leaves to the lace. Be careful as they are very thin pieces of an almost gauze fabric and the glue will ooze through. I glued some fall color buttons on the top.
  7. Fall Lacy Jar Decoration - glue leaves to lace and some buttons on the top
  8. You are done. This will make a nice display on my table. N-JOY!
  9. Advertisement

Very nice! I bet it would look great with a tea light in to glow through (battery operated of course). Great idea.

Anonymous

Very pretty!

Very nice!

My future ones will be. I sealed the lid of this one but I will keep that faux tea light in mind. You can even get them with a timer and remote!!

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJuly 9, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂