Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish

Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish - finished candy machine dish
Even with the mistakes, I think this was a lovely learning endeavor. I have three more I am will be making soon, but this one is all done.

Total Time: 2 hours

Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish - supplies

1. Pour some red paint into a cottage cheese lid. I painted the pot 4 times.
  2. Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish - paint the pot, multiple coats is a good idea
  3. Then, I did the lid. Now, if you do this, don't use any lid that has been previously painted or worse, shellacked. I didn't have the right size saucer, so I got a planter for .50 at a thrift store. After 7 coats, I gave up and just sprayed it and went on. Lesson learned.
  4. Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish - paint the lid
  5. I made a simple 5 cent sign and a small black decoration on the bottom of the pot base. Then I shellacked (using hairspray) it again. That was almost a disaster. I recommend you spray it and let it dry. Then, put the markings on it and leave it alone. My ink began to smear/run and it was almost unusable. But, you might want to do something cuter, as I will do on my next ones. I painted a wooden bead and then glued it on the saucer lid. Filled with candy, it's pretty cute. I can only promise they will be better from now on.
  6. Making a Flower Pot Candy Dish - paint the wooden bead for the handle on the top
  7. You would think I could find gumballs in the dollar store. But the only ones I could find looked like baseballs. So, I got a bag of little candies and cut the little sleeves and poured them in.
  8. Advertisement

Crafts Home DecorMarch 14, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃