Making a Harmonica Case

Category How To
Storing your harmonic can be done easily in either an elaborate case or in a simple homemade one. This is a page about making a harmonica case.

My grandson recently asked if I could make a case for his harmonica. This is the result, using materials I had at home.

Approximate Time: 45 minutes or so

Instructions:

1. Measure the length and wrap around width of the harmonica.
  2. Cut two pieces of coordinating or matching fabric for the case and one of the batting.
  3. Layer the three pieces and pin or baste, if desired.
  4. Cut a length of bias tape the length of the top opening (equal to the width) and baste over the three layer sandwich.
  5. Advertisement

6. Sew the tape in place.
  7. Fold the fabric with the right sides together. We used two different pieces of coordinating fabric from my stash. They were actually remnants left from an outfit I had made for his mother when she was about his age. So choose the side you want to be on the outside and that will be the side facing when folded.
  8. Pin the tube along the long side and across the bottom.
  9. Now sew across the bottom of the case and up the side. Back stitch or tie thread ends.
  10. Turn right side out. You are done.

This same technique can be used to make a variety of simple cases for a lot of things, such as cell phones, glasses, or e-book readers. If you want to secure the item inside add a button, snap, or strap across the open end.

By R Barbara

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Sewing How ToAugust 3, 2012
🐛
😷
😎
📓
🌻
Generated 2020-07-17 08:55:45 in 864 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Harmonica-Case.html