Making a Jar Lid Photo Magnet
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 293 Posts
October 1, 2015
I love projects that use items that would otherwise be thrown away. I also love magnets and pictures of my babies. This wraps all 3 into 1 fun little project. It's useful too!
These are so easy that even kids can make them as gifts for their grandparents. Who wouldn't love that?
Total Time: 20 minutes?
Yield: 1 magnet
- 1 clean jar lid
- 1 photograph
- Mod Podge
- glue gun
- flat back gems
- ribbon, optional
- Using any size lid you want, place it over your photo and draw around the outside with a pen.
- Cut your photo out, remembering to cut more inside the lines than you normally would. It's got to be a little smaller to fit.
- Put a nice thick layer of glue on the inside of your lid.
- Add your photo, press down gently.
- Start hot gluing your gems. Anything would do, faux pearls, beads, or tiny shells.
- See? I decided to leave off any ribbon. The gems gave it enough bling. :)
- Now grab your magnet and hot glue it to the back of the lid.
- You're all set!
- Now you can display your kid's artwork with their smiling face! :)
October 22, 20150 found this helpful
What a good idea. Love the kiddo in the pic.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.