Making a Jean Embellished Sweatshirt

Category How To
Use the waist, zipper, seams, and pockets from a pair of jeans to create a unique embellished sweatshirt. The directions are found on this page.

I love to wear sweatshirts and continue to try to "enhance" them. This one has a western feel. I hope you enjoy.

Approximate Time: 2 hours, depending on sewing skills

Instructions:

1. All in one step, cut around waist of jeans, zipper and pant legs, leaving 2 inch border.

2. Pin waist band to the front and back of sweat shirt, with the leg seams aligned with the outside of the sleeves. Pin sleeves. I pin the fly last. It should be dead center on the first of the sweat shirt. Sew waist down beneath the collar of sweat shirt.

3. Cut back pockets from the jeans, leaving a 1 inch border, after evenly spacing, sew in place.

4. To make the "fringe" make cuts using your index finger as spacing.

Hint: I use a hand crank sewing machine because I found it difficult to sew through the denim on my old electric model.

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Clothing How ToJanuary 30, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-31 23:06:11 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️