Making a Paper Carnation Wreath
February 16, 2019
Well, it's still love month so I'll be sharing my Valentine crafts with you throughout whole month of February. Here's one you could still make even after the season to add beauty to your front doors.
- 4x4 squares of colored paper for the flowers
- 1/2x2 pieces of green colored papers
- zigzag scissors
- regular scissors
- 1 round pattern 4"
- 1 bigger round pattern (ex. dinner plate)
- 1 1" or 1/2" smaller round pattern
- double sided tape
- Draw a circle onto a piece of 4x4" paper.
- Cut by the batch using zigzag scissors.
- For every flower we will need 4 of the circles.
- Fold these circles equally in all directions. See photo.
- Now, position the center of the circle on top of a glue lid and crumple. See photo.
- Do this to 3 pcs. to create the lower layers.
- For the top layer do the same, but use a pencil tip.
- Glue the layers in place.
- To make the leaf, fold green pieces of paper into a triangle, twice.
- Draw a leaf pattern and cut this out. See photo.
- Roll the leaf tips backwards with a pencil or any stick.
- Glue it onto the bottom of the flower.
- Make as many as you want depending on the size of your wreath.
- Draw circles onto the cardboard. The smaller circle should be in the center of the bigger one. Then cut. See attached photo.
- Now, arrange the paper carnations around the circle. Secure with double sided tape.
- Make additional leaves and place in every gap between the flowers if you want. (optional)
- Hang this on your front door. Pretty!
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 190 Posts
February 28, 20200 found this helpful
Your flower projects are always so pretty. Thank you for sharing this one and others.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.