BeveragesFood Tips

Making a Paper K Cup Filter

How do I make a paper K cup filter?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You can empty the grounds from a used K-cup and cover the top with foil. This will not work on the Keurig 2.0, however.

I think a better solution would be to buy the plastic, refillable K-cups. The Keurig company makes their own refillable K-cup for about $15.

It looks like you have to at least purchase the hard plastic reusable filter. The fact is, the Keurig requires the hard structure.

If you really wanted to I suppose you could make your own with cardboard but it would not last and it would be dirty. The best would be to purchase the plastic ones and then, if you like, make disposable filters with regular coffee filters, like this guy in this video does: https://youtu.be/3jLSh4sW5Bs

Are you looking for a paper filter to go inside a K cup filter?
I use mine everyday and have not found a reason to use a paper filter but maybe I have misunderstood your question..

I ordered several filter cups off eBay for a very small amount of money and have used them for over a year with no problems.

just type in K-cup filter and you will find a lot to choose from.

You will have to order from China, Hong Kong, etc to get the best price as well as either very, very low cost or free shipping.
Since these are almost all made in China anyway -

I have taken a regular coffee filter and cut it up into 4th then tucked it in the plastic refillable "thingie". It is hard to get this out of the "thingie", but it does work.

I use a generic K-Cup holder that I fill with coffee and put in my Keurig. It takes about one and a half teaspoons of coffee and it makes a delicious cup of coffee. After the making the coffee with the removable K-cup holder, I empty the grounds and wash the K-cup holder and place it in the dish rack to dry and then reuse it. A can of coffee is much less expensive than buying the K-Cups, my husband and I are retired so we live on a Frugal budget