Making a Plate Stand

Category Miscellaneous
When you have a special plate that deserves a stand, a bent wire clothes hanger might just serve the purpose. Old forks can also be repurposed to make a sturdy stand.

How do I make a plate stand to sit on dining table, from a wire coat hanger?

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a YouTube video how to:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojyDbVR5gYI

My suggestion is to use a coated hanger, not one that is straight metal as it is a little smoother and protects your plate from getting rust marks on it.

There was also a video I had for making stands from old forks, but I can't lay my keyboard on that one at the moment. Those were super decorative and different!

Hope this works for you! Happy crafting!

Best Answer

I have seen some of these wire coat hanger book/sign hangers turned into plate holders and they are usually too flimsy to hold a plate or bowl.
Are you sure you want something like this holding a nice plate on your dining room table? What is on the back of the plate for your guests to see? I would think it would look like just what it is - a bent up wire clothes hanger.
Maybe somewhere in a corner where the plate may not get broken if someone closed a door too hard and the stand/plate took a wobble,

Sorry - I love most DIY projects but this one seems to be very cheap looking for a dining room table.
I know most sturdy ones are kinda expensive but still may be your best choice if the plate or bowl means very much to you.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Hi,

The process involves taking needle nose pliers and untwisting a wire hanger. Bend the hanger in half and turn up the two ends.

Be careful, wire hangers are incredibly sharp. I like the idea of the wire hanger-plate holder, but I, too, wonder if it would always be too flimsy and fall over all the time.

Pghgirl - wonder if this is this site has the fork display you were thinking about (about middle of article).

www.architectureartdesigns.com/.../

Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 9, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-10 23:06:38 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️