Making a Shampoo Bottle Planter
This is a project to convert an old empty shampoo bottle into a nice hanging planter for your garden or house.
Reuse and recycle!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 empty shampoo bottle
- scissors/blade/craft knife
- small plant with soil
- First take an empty shampoo bottle, clean and rinse it thoroughly to remove any trace of shampoo chemicals. Remove the cap and place it aside.
- Then, on the bottle (both front and back) draw the pattern with a marker (as shown in the picture).
- Now using a blade or scissors carefully cut along the pattern to create our planter shape. Be careful while cutting as plastic can be sharp and it can cut your hands.
- Cut a small window at the back of the bottle planter to hang it. I've made it square shaped, but you can make it whatever shape you like.
- Now you can add some design or paint on it to make it more colourful and personalised.
- Make two holes at the bottom for drainage. This is very important as it prevents the roots from rotting and dying inside the planter.
- Now wash it once more and plant a cute small plant in it and hang it anywhere in your home! :)
- I made another planter with another pink coloured shampoo bottle. I've planted a few seeds in it and am waiting for them to grow properly!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.