How to Make a Recycled Plastic Bottle Planter

This is a cute and easy project for gardeners or even for kid projects that gives you lots of extra planters for all your newly seedlings or propagated plants!

Uses bottles from recycling.

Total Time: 5 minutes

• 1 plant
  • 1 cup potting soil or dirt
  • 1 pre-washed recycling water bottle
  • scissors or X-acto knife
  • a drill, awl (not shown in pic)
  • or cotton ball (not used in my sample)

1. Use scissors or X-acto knife (be careful!) and cut your plastic bottle in half.
  2. You may either drill a hole in the cap, use an awl punch and punch a hole in the cap OR remove the cap completely and stuff a cotton ball in the neck of the bottle.
  3. Turn the top of the bottom upside down and fit it into the bottom of the bottle as shown.
  4. Fill the top section with soil.
  5. Add your plant, water gently and your done!

4 More Solutions

I save plastic soda bottles. They are useful to me. I also save fast food plastic cups, and cut the tops off of them. These make tiny plant pots. These are what I put in the bottom of the pretty plant holders I make out of soda bottles.

Yarn Wrapped Valentine's Plant Holder - painted soda bottle wrapped with yarn

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making a plastic bottle animal planter. Save your bottles to make this adorable planter for spring seedlings.

kitty animal planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

This is a page about making a plastic soda bottle hanging planter. Help give your plants an inexpensive new home and keep plastic bottles out of our landfills by making this easy hanging planter.

A hanging bottle planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about making a shampoo bottle planter. Turn an empty shampoo bottle into a cute planter in a few easy steps.

Making a Shampoo Bottle Planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts PlantersOctober 17, 2019
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-a-Recycled-Plastic-Bottle-Planter.html