How to Make a Recycled Plastic Bottle Planter

Category Planters
A handy way to recycle plastic bottles is by fashioning them into small planters. You can make a variety of styles depending on what kind of bottle you have and what you want to make it for.

This is a cute and easy project for gardeners or even for kid projects that gives you lots of extra planters for all your newly seedlings or propagated plants!
Uses bottles from recycling.

Total Time: 5 minutes

• 1 plant
  • 1 cup potting soil or dirt
  • 1 pre-washed recycling water bottle
  • scissors or X-acto knife
  • a drill, awl (not shown in pic)
  • or cotton ball (not used in my sample)

1. Use scissors or X-acto knife (be careful!) and cut your plastic bottle in half.
  2. You may either drill a hole in the cap, use an awl punch and punch a hole in the cap OR remove the cap completely and stuff a cotton ball in the neck of the bottle.
  3. Turn the top of the bottom upside down and fit it into the bottom of the bottle as shown.
  4. Fill the top section with soil.
  5. Add your plant, water gently and your done!

I save plastic soda bottles. They are useful to me. I also save fast food plastic cups, and cut the tops off of them. These make tiny plant pots. These are what I put in the bottom of the pretty plant holders I make out of soda bottles.

In this instance, I glued or taped yarn around the middle of a soda bottle. I painted the top with pink/red acrylic paint. I then found a ribbon to finish the look, and add a touch of charm to it. It was fun to make, and I'll probably make more as spring is on it's way ;)

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making a plastic bottle animal planter. Save your bottles to make this adorable planter for spring seedlings.

kitty animal planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 3

This is a page about making a plastic soda bottle hanging planter. Help give your plants an inexpensive new home and keep plastic bottles out of our landfills by making this easy hanging planter.

A hanging bottle planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about making a shampoo bottle planter. Turn an empty shampoo bottle into a cute planter in a few easy steps.

Making a Shampoo Bottle Planter

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts PlantersOctober 17, 2019
🍂
🎄