Helpful HintsFood Tips

Making a Soft Salad

I have some dental issues right now that don't allow me to eat anything crunchy. Not having much in the way of fresh foods for over a week, I was going into my "Rabid Rabbit" stage. In other words, I needed a salad!

But when you can't eat lettuce or carrots or celery, what do you do? You make a "Soft Salad". For me it was:

• cottage cheese
  • shredded co-jack cheese
  • avocado
  • finely diced ham and turkey lunch meat
  • diced mushrooms
  • diced hard boiled eggs
  • ranch dressing

It was glorious to have these in a nice bowl with a chilled can of peaches for dessert! Sometimes we just have to modify what we love until we can have what we love again.

I didn't think of taking a photo of it last night so this is as good as I could do to recreate it. I used up the last of my cottage cheese and mushrooms so this is what is left.

N-JOY!

Baby spinach?

That is a good idea. Right now tho', it's gotta be something I can't crunch. Watch me when this issue is resolved!
That said, I love it cooked with some eggs, tomatoes, olives and avocados. Thanks!