Making a Stained Glass Candy Bowl
Melted hard candies are used to make this attractive and edible candy bowl. This is a page about making a stained glass candy bowl
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is how to make a candy sculpture bowl that looks like stained glass or a space rock! You can also break the melted hardened candy into chips to eat.
Total Time: 1/2 hr.
- 2 boxes of small candy canes. You will use 16 candy canes.
- 1 old fashioned candy container
- 1 kitchen towel
- 2 pans
- 1 medium to large metal bowl
- 1 plastic rolling pin
- 1 parchment paper roll
- 1 spatula
- Gather your supplies. Very important: take plastic wrapping off candy canes.
- Place parchment paper on pan #1. Arrange 16 candy canes as shown on pan. Place old fashion candy inside as shown.
- Put in oven at 350 degrees F. and watch it melt. This will take about 5-10 minutes depending on if you preheat, and your oven. In the first 2 minutes have pan #2 ready and metal bowl facing downward.
- Once melted, take out and place on heat resistent counter. Let it cool just a bit until you can use the rolling pin to smooth and slide over the bubbles. It looks like candy pizza!
- Before it hardens get your spatula and flip it and transfer onto pan #2 and upside down metal bowl. As you can tell my metal bowl was a little small, but that's OK, more chips! :)
- Get your kitchen towel and just pat it all around to mold over bowl. Tear parchment paper off. Turn back around. Don't wait too long to take bowl out or it will stick.
- To get that illuminated look, place up to a light and see how pretty it glows through all the colors. You can keep it as a bowl or cut it up into sweet chips. Enjoy your edible creation! :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.