Making a Tic Tac Toe Board

Category Miscellaneous
A fun craft project can be making a game. This guide is about making a tic tac toe board.

Traveling with children on long trips is sometimes a difficult task for them and they often get bored. I made this quick and easy game for my grandchildren to keep them entertained while traveling and no lost pieces!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes plus drying

Instructions:

1. Cut 4 lengths of ribbon long enough to fold ends under. Lay out in tic tac toe fashion on hard surface.
  2. Peel off paper from sticky side of magnetic sheet and lay on top of ribbon with sticky side facing you. Take ends of ribbon and secure to sticky side. I put a few dabs of glue under ribbon to ensure they stay stuck. Flip it over to front side. Now your game board is done!
  3. Ad

4. I originally used the magnetic sheet for the backs of the Xs and Os, but found they did not magnetize to the board well enough. So I used small round magnets which worked out very well and also raises each up higher, allowing the pieces to be grabbed by little hands easier.
  5. You will need a total of 10 pieces. 5 of Xs and 5 of Os. Either use 2 pre-cut pieces for each, sticking them back to back or just leave the paper backing on one piece each. Glue a round magnet on the back of each piece. Now your game is complete!
  6. I found a shallow rectangle tin in a thrift shop that the game fit into. I glued the gameboard inside to the bottom half and let the game pieces stick to the inside of the lid. The box can be left in the car so it's always there for the kids to play with and you never lose any pieces!

Happy Travels!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Are you hosting game night? This is an easy and free tic tac toe game anyone can make!

It is perfect to play with your friend, significant other, spouse, or family especially during family game night, for fun, or a party!

As another idea, you can make a couple of these tic tac toe boards and use them as a game competition. Whoever wins continues to play someone harder and ultimately there will be one grand winner. This would be fun during a birthday party if it's game themed and whoever wins can get a small prize.

Total Time: 10 minutes

• straws
  • paper
  • scissors (or paper punch shapes)
  • hot glue

1. You can cut out Xs or Os, or use any two same designs you like - I used a paper punch in square and heart shapes. You will need 5 of each.
  2. Using straws of your choice, create the number sign (#) symbol and hot glue the 4 areas.
  3. You are ready to play tic tac toe! Enjoy!

This tic-tac-toe game, made completely out of peeler beads, is fun and easy to make and play with. It also makes a great present. It is a great rainy day activity and the best part is that you can be really creative while making it.

I hope that you enjoy making it.

Here's a fun Tic Tac Toe board you can make.

This is a guide about making a pumpkin tic tac toe game. The mini pumpkins sold as fall decorations can also be used to play tic tac toe on your homemade game board.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes