Making a Tic Tac Toe Board

Category Miscellaneous
A fun craft project can be making a game. This guide is about making a tic tac toe board.

Traveling with children on long trips is sometimes a difficult task for them and they often get bored. I made this quick and easy game for my grandchildren to keep them entertained while traveling and no lost pieces!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes plus drying

Instructions:

1. Cut 4 lengths of ribbon long enough to fold ends under. Lay out in tic tac toe fashion on hard surface.
  2. Peel off paper from sticky side of magnetic sheet and lay on top of ribbon with sticky side facing you. Take ends of ribbon and secure to sticky side. I put a few dabs of glue under ribbon to ensure they stay stuck. Flip it over to front side. Now your game board is done!
  3. I originally used the magnetic sheet for the backs of the Xs and Os, but found they did not magnetize to the board well enough. So I used small round magnets which worked out very well and also raises each up higher, allowing the pieces to be grabbed by little hands easier.
  4. Ad

5. You will need a total of 10 pieces. 5 of Xs and 5 of Os. Either use 2 pre-cut pieces for each, sticking them back to back or just leave the paper backing on one piece each. Glue a round magnet on the back of each piece. Now your game is complete!
  6. I found a shallow rectangle tin in a thrift shop that the game fit into. I glued the gameboard inside to the bottom half and let the game pieces stick to the inside of the lid. The box can be left in the car so it's always there for the kids to play with and you never lose any pieces!

Happy Travels!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

This tic-tac-toe game, made completely out of peeler beads, is fun and easy to make and play with. It also makes a great present. It is a great rainy day activity and the best part is that you can be really creative while making it. I hope that you enjoy making it.:)

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 set

• 1 bag of red Perler beads
  • 1 bag of blue Perler beads
  • parchment paper
  • an iron
  • a perler bead peg board

*You can use any color Perler Bead you would like.

1. Make nine red squares, you can make them whatever size you would like, I made mine 4×4. Leave a small gap between each of them.
  2. Fill in the gap with your blue beads and then border the outside with blue beads. You don't have to border it, but I think it looks best.:)
  3. Ad

4. Then make your Xs and Os. You don't have to make Xs and Os, just be creative. You can do whatever you like. It is your tic-tac-toe game.
  5. Place parchment paper over your beads and turn your iron on to the highest setting. Then iron over the parchment paper. Iron until it looks fused together. Pull the parchment paper up and the beads should stick to it. Cover the un-fused side with parchment paper and iron that side.
  6. Ad

7. Let cool. Then play. I hope that you enjoy making this tic-tac-toe.

This is a guide about making a pumpkin tic tac toe game. The mini pumpkins sold as fall decorations can also be used to play tic tac toe on your homemade game board.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Here's a fun Tic Tac Toe board you can make.

1 small piece of scrap wood
a drill and drill bit
stain and varnish
wood burning tool
1 bag of marbles

With the drill bit, drill holes partially through the scrap of wood in the shape of a tic tac toe grid. Use the wood burning tool to draw the lines. Stain and varnish. Use two different colors of marbles for the Xs and Os.

By Debra in CO