Making a Valentine Wreath Card
Take small paper hearts to make this beautiful Valentine's Day card in the shape of a wreath. This is easy for kids to make with recycled materials.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute and simple Valentine's card you can make. It will be easier if you have a paper heart puncher. I was able to use some scrap sheets of paper to create this card.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- scrap pieces of colored paper
- circular object to trace
- heart shaped paper punch
- ribbon bow
- glue spots
- Figure out what size card you want yours to be. My card measures 8.5" x 5.5" and folded in half.
- Trace 2 circular objects smaller than your card to create the wreath (or freehand circle). I used a candle top and vitamin top to trace. Then, cut out.
- Punch out hearts in your choice of paper.
- Glue down hearts in the order you would like on your wreath and glue down to card.
- For card banner, I cut a thin rectangular sheet of red paper. Then, cut two triangles on both sides and wrote HAPPY VALENTINES
- The remaining punched hearts you can glue in the inside of the card.
- Glue down the banner below the wreath and add a ribbon bow using a glue spot.
January 12, 20120 found this helpful
Whether your child needs 30 cards for his entire class or you want to send a few love notes to friends and family, these homemade Valentines are simple and inexpensive to make. This page is about homemade Valentine's Day cards.