OtherRecycled Crafts

Making a Wall Hanging from Wedding Dress Fabric

We got married 7 years ago and I had a pretty large dress, with no embellishments, just white (non-shiny) satin. The dress has a large stain on the front from the reception, so I wanted to utilize the fabric. Besides, I'm tired of moving it around. I thought about doing a framed embroidered wall hanging with some of it, but that leaves several yards. Realistically, pillows would just get ruined with two young kids around. I think I can reuse the crinoline to make a ghost costume for one of the kids. The tag says the fabric is dry clean only.

By Rose

I buy dresses like this to remake Teddy Wedding Dresses out of, or at least that is the plan. You can make some wedding frames or accessories out of them or people who are getting married now, or donate the fabric to the local crafter in your circle.

I hope that helps. PBP