Making a White Cake Using Whole Eggs?

Category Cakes
Using whole eggs in a white cake will give the batter a yellowish tint. If this does not concern you then they can certainly be used. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid added. This is a page about making a white cake using whole eggs.

Is the point of using egg whites in the Duncan Hines white cake mix just because it may change the color? I'm going to use food coloring so I would rather use whole eggs if it's all the same.

Answers

Best Answer

Using whites only makes for a lighter texture. If you dont mind a denser cake, use the whole egg.

Best Answer

The yolks do add color to a white mix, which is why they say to just use the whites. It adds calories to the mix (a little) but otherwise should you are fine to add the entire egg since you are adding food coloring!

Best Answer

I have never seperated my eggs when making a Duncan Hines white cake. It always turns out fine and I have never noticed a difference in it at all. I think you will be just fine using the whole egg in your cake mix.

Can I use whole eggs for a white cake mix? I am putting in half the batter.

By Laurie from Cranston, RI

Answers

Best Answer

The yolks will give the cake a yellowish tint... stick to egg whites only!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesJanuary 12, 2018
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-White-Cake-Using-Whole-Eggs-1.html